PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT LAWYER
If you were recently involved in a pedestrian accident and are suffering from serious injuries, our award-winning attorneys can help you seek compensation.
Let Our Experienced Attorneys Help You.
Please fill out this form and we'll get back to you soon.
"I had the pleasure of having Fontana Injury Law Group represent me as my personal injury lawyer in Fontana. They were prompt and efficient and always kept me informed. I recommend them 100% if you are looking for a caring, family-oriented attorney who gets results!"
Bobbie W. Fontana, CA
Fontana Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Compassionate Personal Injury Lawyers in Fontana, CA
Pedestrian accidents can be life-changing and result in catastrophic injuries that may require lifelong treatment and care. If you were injured or lost a loved one in a Fontana pedestrian accident, you may be able to pursue compensation for your losses. It’s crucial to seek medical attention immediately, document your injuries, and collect your medical records. Our Fontana law firm can help you hold the negligent party accountable and obtain fair compensation. We've been serving injured victims since 2014.
At Fontana Injury Law Group, our pedestrian accident lawyers understand accident victims deal with serious injuries, financial strain, pain, and suffering after a pedestrian accident. During this difficult period, we want you to be able to focus on your recovery and family. Our personal injury attorneys can help you navigate the complicated claims process and get you the medical treatment you deserve. Learn more about your legal options today. Contact our law firm to schedule a free consultation.START YOUR CASE
San Bernardino County Pedestrian Accident Statistics
Pedestrian-motor vehicle accidents are not an uncommon occurrence in California. No other state in the United States has more pedestrian accidents. More than 14,000 pedestrians were injured in California.
Unfortunately, auto accidents are common in San Bernardino County. There were 792 victims killed and injured in traffic accidents in 2019. Pedestrian fatalities accounted for 44 of these accident victims. In addition, there were 449 DUI arrests and 151 speeding-related crashes.
How to Stay Safe as a Pedestrian in Fontana, CA
Here are some tips to help pedestrians stay safe:
- Only cross the street at marked crosswalks or at intersections with a signal or stop sign.
- Wear bright clothing, especially at night. Use a flashlight when walking at nighttime.
- Make eye contact with drivers when you cross the street. Don’t assume they will see you and yield to you.
- Be on the lookout for cars backing up out of driveways and parking spots. Avoid moving between parked cars if possible.
- Look out for drivers who are turning right at an intersection. Ensure the walk sign is on and that you make eye contact with the driver before crossing the interaction in front of them.
- Do not enter or stay on a railroad crossing after a signal is given.
What Should a Pedestrian do After Being in an Auto Accident?
Check yourself for injuries
- Check yourself for injuries and get to a safe place, out of the way of oncoming traffic. If you are unable to move, or you feel dizzy, call 911.
Seek medical attention
- Even if you feel ok, it's crucial for your injury claim to seek medical attention. If you don't require emergency medical services, you should still visit your doctor or go to urgent care to be evaluated. Ensure your physical condition and injuries are documented. Medical bills and records are vital evidence in your injury claim.
- If you are able to, take photos at the scene of the accident or ask another person to do this for you. Be sure to get photos of your injuries and any damage to the vehicle that hit you. Jot down how the accident occurred, because you may not remember all of the details later.
Gather the involved party's contact information
- Make sure to get the driver's information including their full name, phone number, address, license plate number, driver's license number, insurance policy number, and insurance information.
Speak to witnesses
- If there are witnesses to the pedestrian-car accident, ensure you obtain their contact information. Ask any present eyewitnesses if they are willing to give an account of how the accident occurred.
Get a police report
- Remain at the scene and obtain a police report. A police report is a piece of valuable evidence that contains important information like a record of how the incident may have occurred, property damage, witnesses, the involved parties' contact information, any citations or violations, and statements from drivers, passengers, and witnesses.
Contact a Fontana pedestrian accident lawyer
- After a pedestrian traffic accident, it is essential to consult with an auto accident attorney who can help you explore your legal options and determine the value of your case. An experienced attorney can help you collect evidence and prepare your case in a timely manner. Our Fontana law office specializes in pedestrian accidents and can help you seek compensation for your damages. We have a proven track record of recovering the maximum compensation available in our pedestrian accident cases. We also work on a contingency fee basis, so you don't pay for any legal services until we win your case. If you can't come to our law office, we can come to you.
Common Injuries Sustained in Fontana Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrians don’t have any protection and can sustain severe injuries in a pedestrian accident. The impact of a serious accident can result in lifelong consequences. If you were injured in a pedestrian-car accident it’s essential to seek medical attention immediately. Document your injuries and ensure you get medical records as evidence of your auto accident-related injuries.
- Broken bones and fractures
- Soft tissue damage, including damage to ligaments, and muscles
- Neck injuries
- Shoulder displacement
- Facial fractures
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Road rash and lacerations
What is my Personal Injury Claim Worth?
The value of your case depends on factors such as the extent of the injuries sustained, medical bills, property damage, car accident-related expenses, and the impact on your life. A Fontana pedestrian accident lawyer can help you calculate your damages, collect the necessary evidence, and file a personal injury claim on your behalf. Certain damages are more difficult to prove such as pain and suffering. An experienced pedestrian accident lawyer has connections with experts who can help prove your injuries and losses.
At Fontana Injury Law Group, we have connections with experts including medical professionals, mental health experts, auto accident reconstructive experts, and engineers who can help strengthen your pedestrian accident case.
Not sure if you have a case? Our firm offers free initial consultations. You can reach us 24/7 by call, text, email, or online chat. Our law office is conveniently located off Cherry Avenue, in Fontana.
Consult With an Experienced Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Fontana
If you were injured in the greater Fontana area by a negligent driver, you are entitled to just compensation. Don't deal with the insurance company alone, but consult our Fontana law office. Get an experienced pedestrian accident attorney for your claim. The insurance company does not have your best interests in mind. Insurance adjusters are well-equipped to find reasons to justify a low settlement or deny your claim entirely.
At Fontana Injury Law Group, we are proud to offer the best legal representation for injured pedestrians. We've successfully represented thousands of clients in pedestrian accident cases. Our lawyers have won millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. We will guide you throughout your pedestrian accident case and resolve your claim in a timely manner. Schedule a free case evaluation today.FREE CONSULTATION